Below list are the changes currently in beta, compared to the latest stable update.
Changes in beta are experiments. Most of the changes will find its way to a stable release, but this is not guaranteed. Beta allows us to test changes with a broader user base, to evaluate how certain changes are received. You can even earn a shiny in-game medal icon if you participate in a beta test.
Next to beta, there is also the release candidate branch.
- Beta update – 5 Jan, 2023 @ 02:02 UTCAdded a convar, asw_flare_lifetime, for use in challenges. Custom ASBI director spawn weights for all official maps are now available.
- Beta update – 4 Jan, 2023 @ 02:09 UTCFixed an unexpectedly large ice rock collision model. Added lore entries for Boomer in the Swarmopedia.
- Beta update – 3 Jan, 2023 @ 02:43 UTCTweaked ASBI director spawn weights so that unique aliens for each map are preferred more. Currently supports Jacob’s Rest and the first mission of Paranoia, more coming later.
- Beta update – 28 Dec, 2022 @ 03:37 UTCFixed drones being able to attack again sooner than expected if a flinch animation was shorter than their remaining attack time. Fixed buzzers being ignored by first/third person aiming. Marine bots now avoid standing in fires and gas grenades. Improved the way marines ...
- Beta update – 27 Dec, 2022 @ 05:37 UTCMisc Changed “Use Panel” to different text for many official missions where it wasn’t accurate. Marine bots avoid standing near or walking over alien explosive projectiles.
- Beta update – 22 Dec, 2022 @ 02:40 UTCMisc Deathmatch maps now cycle automatically rather than returning to the mission chooser after each round. Deathmatch end-of-round music can now be overridden by the personal combat playlist. (Jukebox) Added closed captions for alien sounds, certain important sound effects, and the Deathmatch announcer.
- Beta update – 20 Dec, 2022 @ 00:29 UTCWeapons Chainsaw: Bots now use this weapon from a more reasonable range. Misc Fixed the game instructor giving incorrect information about how to respawn in Deathmatch mode, and tidied up the prompts on the HUD. Mapping trigger_asw_button_area now has options for overriding UI hints with ...
- Beta update – 16 Dec, 2022 @ 22:39 UTCMisc Fixed a case where missions marked as bonus or deathmatch by an admin would sometimes appear as campaigns while voting to change mission. Fixed a race condition that could cause the client to forget it’s on a deathmatch map after an ...
- Beta update – 16 Dec, 2022 @ 03:38 UTCWeapons TG-05 Gas Grenades: Updated the appearance of this item when dropped to help differentiate it from freeze grenades. New appearance is by Ax-Now. Misc Added Third Person challenge. Challenges can now be marked as available in Deathmatch mode. Fixed bots getting stuck or not ...
- Beta update – 15 Dec, 2022 @ 02:30 UTCMisc Playing a Deathmatch map in single player will automatically spawn bots. (rd_deathmatch_spawn_bots_in_singleplayer)
If you are interested in the history of all beta updates, you can view those in the beta archives section.